SMCube is a tool for modeling, simulation, and code generation of discrete time finite state machines (FSM).
For more information on the various version of SMCube, please refer to the SMCube product page.
This page contains the download information of the SMCube demo version integrated into the Scicos-FLEX code generator, a free of charge code generator available for ScicosLab. The idea driving the development of this version of SMCube was the need for a lightweight State Machine editor, simulator, and code generator, allowing the creation of hybrid diagrams composed of both, the data-flow and the finite state machine(s).
SMCube is currently distributed free of charge under a Demo License that allows non commercial usage in conjunction with ScicosLab and NSP. Commercial licenses of the tool are available as part of the E4Coder toolset.
Using this version of SMCube, you can easily:
- Design your own state machine, drawing states and transitions, and configure their parameters. The diagram is limited to flat state machines. Parallel state machines and Junction points are available in the SMCube version integrated in E4Coder.
- Define a data model for the state machine with inputs, outputs and local variables.
- Save your state machine into a XML file.
- Simulate the state machine response to a given input pattern. The simulation can be interactive (i.e. you can monitor graphically the evolution of the simulation with a proper highlighting of the states) or in background (no graphical output is given, useful for simulating at maximum speed).
- Generate a C++ language implementation of the state machine for simulation purpose.
- Generate a C language implementation of the state machine for execution on embedded targets.
This version of SMCube is shipped as part of of the Scicos-FLEX toolbox, providing the following additional functionalities:
- Integration of a SMCube state machine inside a ScicosLab diagram by using a customized SMCube block.
- Integration of the simulation and code generator engines of ScicosLab with SMCube for starting, running, and stopping a simulation.
- Simulation of a ScicosLab diagram, including one or more state machines.
- Code generation of a ScicosLab diagram, including one or more state machine with the Scicos-FLEX code generator and ERIKA Enterprise.
ScicosLabPack 11.1 / SMCube version 1.03
- Fixed library creation in SMCube
- More controls on the installer
- Fixed compilation problem on a limited number of blocks
ScicosLab Pack 11 / SMCube version 1.0
- Initial version of SMCube